Thursday, May 28, 2015

Anicca



It is not impermanence that makes us suffer.  What makes us 
suffer is wanting things to be permanent when they are not. 

~Thich Nhat Hanh~


Anicca - the absence of continuity, the absence of permanence...one of the three marks of existence.


Pema Chodron says "Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know."  I am in such a season of sorrow and devastation just now.  What is it that I need to know?  What if I never learn what I need to know?  How may this unrelenting grief serve to awaken this already ravaged heart?



Today, it is easy
To sit in this chair
And anchor myself
Into this moment
My only task to notice
The sounds of the space
Arriving and departing
With an open heart, welcoming
With an open heart, letting go
If only it were so simple
After the bell
When the ground
Beneath me crumbles
When you are here
When you are not
Touching impermanence
With an open heart
Welcoming…
With an open heart
...letting go.


c.sharshel 5/28/2015




No comments:

Post a Comment